Vietnam super early jackfruit tree is the trending jackfruit tree nowadays because of its capability to bear fruit in the first year of planting the tree. The variety is originally from Vietnam and crossed borders worldwide because of this peculiar trait. The tree is also called ‘one year jack’.
The tree growers claim that they get more than 50 jackfruits every year. There is no particular season for the fruit so that throughout the year the tree bears fruit.
Vietnam super early jackfruit is recommended for farmers who want to do jackfruit cultivation on a large scale, as it is needed less space than the normal jackfruit tree varieties. This makes the tree ideal for flat-dwellers as well who can grow the plant in a drum or large pot.
Vietnam Super Early Jackfruit Characteristic
- Flowers and bears fruit within a year.
- The tree will bear jackfruit twice a year.
- All fruits are medium-sized, not as large as the normal jackfruits. So that even children can carry or harvest the tree.
- The stems are not thick.
- Constant pruning is required as the stem is not thick like other jackfruit tree varieties. Prune the unnecessary branches every year.
- We can expect fruits from the tree for at least 15 years.