About Cambodian Orange Jack
This variety’s origin is in Cambodia and hence the name ‘Cambodian Jackfruit’. Cambodian jackfruit is an all-season fruit having a flake color Orangish Red, weighing around 8-12 kg.
How does Cambodian Jackfruit taste?
- Cambodian Jackfruit is very tasty.
- The flesh is sweet and the seeds can be used in curries which is having a good taste.
Characteristics of Cambodian Jackfruit:
- It is an all-season fruit that can be planted at any time
- The fruit is known for its large size, sweet flavor, pleasant smell, succulent and delectable flesh, weight of around 8-12 kg, and starchy, fibrous, and relatively small seeds.
- In comparison to the Vietnam Early Gold variety of jackfruit, the Cambodian jackfruit has a larger fruit size and features thicker, dark green leaves
- The plant does not grow much in height, and a greater abundance of fruits can be found towards the lower portion of the plant.
Health Benefits of Cambodian Jackfruit:
- Cambodian jackfruit is a good source of essential nutrients, including vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants.
- The high levels of potassium and fiber found in Cambodian jackfruit may help reduce blood pressure and lower the risk of heart disease.
- The fiber in Cambodian jackfruit can promote regularity and improve digestive health.
- The vitamin C in Cambodian jackfruit also supports the immune system, repairs cell damage, and helps the body absorb other critical nutrients like iron.
- Jackfruit seeds are indeed very rich in digestible starch, protein, and minerals.
Best Ways to Eat Cambodian Jackfruit:
- The fruit can be eaten fresh, either on its own or in the form of juice, once it has ripened.
- Common ingredients in traditional dishes such as curries and desserts.
- Utilized to create various products such as chips, jams, jellies, and more.