This variety was found in a village called “Pechipara” in the Kanyakumari district. It was developed at Horticultural Research Station, Pechiparai of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University by clonal selection from Mulagumoodu local. Trees are medium tall, maximum bearing in tree trunk. On an average, each tree bears 107 fruits weighing 1818 kg per year in two seasons, viz., April – June and November – December. Carpels are sweet, crisp, tasty with pleasant aroma. Suitable for commercial planting as well as for planting in home garden.
- Sweet and tastier with pleasant aroma.
- The fruit is medium in size, Carpels Crisp and creamy yellow color.
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps in type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that are essential for a healthy immune system.
- It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.
There are no reviews yet.