Thenvarikka is one of the sweetest jackfruit varieties from Kerala. It is very popular for its sweet taste as ‘Thenvarikka’ literally translates to ‘honey jackfruit’. The fruit is very sweet and tastes like honey. Varikka has a slightly hard inner flesh when ripe. Thenvarikka jackfruit is also rich in nutrients such as vitamins A and C, potassium, and dietary fiber. It is also low in calories, making it a great option for people who are watching their weight or trying to maintain a healthy diet.
- It can bear fruits within 2-3 years of planting, In a season, a tree can bear 80-100 jackfruits.
- The fruit has a yellowish-brown skin that is covered with small bumps, and it can weigh up to 2-3 kilograms.
- It has a long shelf life compared to other local varieties.
- One stalk can bear 6-8 jackfruits at a time.
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps in type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that are essential for a healthy immune system.
- It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.
There are no reviews yet.