Kuttiyadi Coconut is a variety of coconut that is predominantly grown in the Kuttiyadi taluk of Kozhikode district in Kerala, India, known as the coconut capital of Kerala. West Coast Tall coconuts are superior to other coconut varieties in terms of the taste of its water, coconut flesh, oil, and the number of coconuts it bears. That’s why West Coast Tall got the name Kuttiyadi. It is a tall variety and grows up to 70-80 ft and has a life span of 100-150 years therefore it is highly recommended for commercial cultivation. The average maturity time of the Kuttiyadi coconut tree is 5-7 years. and the Average lifespan of Kuttiyadi is around 100-150 years.
- We can expect 150-250 coconuts per year from the tree, depending on the soil and care that we provide.
- Contains 70 percent of oil, which are high compared to other varieties. The smell of the oil is more aromatic than other coconut kinds.
- It is one of the best coconuts in Asia. Flesh and water from the coconut are tastier than the other kinds.
- Kuttiyadi coconut is bigger. With husk, the fruit would come to around 1 kg to 1.300 kg, and without husk 600 gm-800 gm, if the coconut tree is properly nurtured.
- Comparing hybrid varieties, Kuttiyadi is pest resistant. It is mainly because of the hardness of the wood. Unlike the hybrid, Kuttiyadi does not have sweetness in its trunk.
- High in fiber.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Supports immune system.
- Promotes heart health.
- Boosts energy.
- Helps with weight management.
- Nourishes skin and hair.