The Gumless Jackfruit is sweet and has no or little gum jackfruit. The deep white flesh is soft, with a strong, sweet flavor and aroma. Gumless Jack was identified by a farmer in Karnataka, this variety is also called Sompadi Varikka. With annual prune, the tree is easily maintained at a height and spread of 2 to 2.5 m with reliable, heavy production of 55 to 90 kg per tree. The fruit is medium in size, averaging of 6 – 7 kg, with an edible flesh percentage of 35% for each. The exterior of the fruit is dark green in color and has a sharp fleshy spine.
Gumless Jackfruit Taste & Characteristics
- The deep white flesh is soft, with a strong, sweet flavor and aroma.
- This variety of jackfruit is known for its sweet taste and lack of gumminess
- The fruit is medium in size, It has a production of 55 to 90 kg per tree.
Gumless Jackfruit Benefits
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps with type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that are essential for a healthy immune system.
- It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.