Red Surinam Cherry, also known as Eugenia uniflora, is a small, bright red fruit that is native to South America. The fruit is about the size of a cherry or small plum, with a thin skin and a pit in the center. It has a sweet and tart flavor, similar to a mix of cherry, apple, and pineapple. Red Surinam Cherry is often used in jams, jellies, and other desserts. The fruit is also used in traditional medicine to treat various ailments, such as digestive issues, inflammation, and high blood pressure.
- Red Surinam Cherry trees are small, reaching only about 15-25 feet in height.
- They have glossy, dark green leaves and produce small, white flowers that give way to the fruit.
- The fruit is small, about the size of a cherry or small plum, and round to oblong in shape.
- The fruit is bright red in color when ripe, with a thin, smooth skin.
- The flesh is sweet and tart, with a flavor that is often described as a mix of cherry, apple, and pineapple.
- The tree is hardy and can tolerate a wide range of growing conditions, but it prefers well-drained soil and plenty of sunlight.
•It is Rich in Antioxidants
•Good Source of Vitamin C
•May Reduce Blood Pressure
•Improves digestive health
There are no reviews yet.