KAU Nihara Dwarf Cashew Apple is a variety of cashew apple that is cultivated in Kerala, India. It was developed by Regional Agricultural Research Station Pilicode, Kasargod. It is a dwarf variety that is well-suited to small-scale farming and backyard gardens. It is a popular variety of cashew apple due to its high yield and disease resistance. Dwarf and compact cashew variety suited for urban and peri urban households first dwarf type cashew released in india.
- It was developed by Regional Agricultural Research Station Pilicode, Kasargod.
- The fruit of the KAU Nihara Dwarf Cashew Apple is relatively small, typically measuring 2-3 inches in length.
- Despite its small size, the KAU Nihara Dwarf Cashew Apple is known for its high yield, producing up to 600-800 fruits per tree.
- The fruit has a sweet and slightly acidic taste, making it a popular ingredient in juice and other beverages.
- The KAU Nihara Dwarf Cashew Apple is resistant to several common diseases that affect cashew trees, which can help to reduce the need for chemical pesticides.
- The KAU Nihara Dwarf Cashew Apple has a shorter lifespan than other varieties of cashew apple, typically lasting only 2-3 days after harvest. This can make it challenging to transport and store the fruit.
•High in Vitamin C
•Helps In Weight Loss
•Promotes Healthy Skin
•Promotes Healthy Eyes
•Boosts Immune System And Boosts Energy