Green Custard Apple, also known as “sitaphal” in Hindi, is a delicious fruit that is quite popular. This soft and creamy fruit has a hard rind and is full of nutrients. The Custard apple tree typically grows to a maximum height of 12 feet, but can have a maximum spread of 20 feet. This creates a very visually interesting look especially when the tree is in bloom. The fruit of this tree looks something like an apple with dragon scales. The unique segmented nature of the fruit also extends inward to its flesh. This fruit can be eaten plain or dried. It is strained and used in ice creams and other sweet treats. the bark and seeds of the tree are considered insecticidal.
- The green custard apple has a round or heart-shaped fruit, which is typically around 4 inches in diameter.
- It has a rough, green skin with soft, pliable spikes.
- The spikes are often bent and can be easily removed to reveal the creamy white flesh inside.
- The flesh of the green custard apple is soft and creamy, with a texture similar to custard or soft cheese.
- It is sweet with a slightly tangy flavor and has a pleasant, aromatic aroma.
BENIFTTS OF CUSTARD APPLE
• Improves Eye Health
• Solves High Blood Pressure Issues
• Ultimate Mood Booster
• Promotes Good Digestion
• Has Anti-Cancer Properties
• High on Antioxidants
• Boosts Immunity
• Has Anti Inflammatory Properties