Kaji Lemon- This is an indigenous lemon of Assam and it has certain uniqueness in terms of quality which is essentially attributable to its place of origin i. e Assam. It is similar in appearance to a small lime, with a thin, smooth, and glossy skin that is green when unripe and turns yellow as it matures. It has a tendency of cluster bearing habit which generally produces seedless fruits with 9-12 segments. ‘Kaji nemu’ fruit is widely used for culinary, beverages, industrial and medicinal uses. It is comparatively larger than the regular lemon.
- It is a cold-tolerant variety and can withstand cold temperatures to some extent.
- The fruit and leaves of the Assam Lemon tree are also used in traditional medicine and for making essential oils. The tree is also used for reforestation and erosion control.
- Assam Lemon trees bear fruit throughout the year, but the main harvesting season is from June to August.
- Fruits of Kaji Lemon are seedless.
- Lemon has a distinctive flavor that is sour and slightly bitter, with a strong citrus aroma. The flavor is more intense and acidic than a regular lemon.
- The uniqueness of the fruit lies in its bearing habit. Even if it gets ripened it doesn’t fall from the tree up to a very long period. Fruit are born in clusters on new shoots.
• Rich in Vitamin C
• Antioxidant properties
• Digestive health
• Respiratory health
• Anti-inflammatory properties
• Weight loss
• Improves Skin health