Sweet tamarind are different from normal tamarind, it is light sweet in taste. It can also grow in big pot on terrace or sunny balcony. Tamarind tree can be grown in humid to dry hot regions. It is very sensitive to frost. The Plant is best described as sweet in taste and is high in tartaric acid, sugar, B vitamins. Sweet tamarind is usually the result of a milder, less acidic flavor that develops in the fruit as it ripens.
It is a large perennial tree often cultivated as ornamental and shade tree, for its valued timber and for its edible fruits. Because of the tamarind’s many uses, cultivation has spread around the world, mostly in tropical and subtropical zones. A height of 40 or even 70 feet with a spread of 30 feet and a trunk that can reach a circumference of 15 feet.
- Tamarind has a hard, brownish-red, irregularly shaped outer shell that is rough and brittle. Inside, the fruit has a sticky, fibrous pulp that is light brown in color and contains several seeds.
- Sweet Tamarind has a unique, tart, and sweet taste, with a subtle sourness.
- Tamarindus indica is a tall tree that can reach up to 30 meters (100 feet) in height. It has a short, thick trunk with rough, gray bark and feathery foliage.
- Health and regularity.
- Helps Heart Health.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties.
- Antimicrobial Properties.
- Blood Sugar Control.
- Weight Management.