Kosseri mango, possibly the biggest mango of kerala is a rare variety. Kurian George, a farmer from Thodupuzha is the progator of Kosseri mango. Average size of kosseri mango comes around 2 kilogram. Average life-span of a Kosseril mango tree is 50 years. Blooming begins in the month of November. It takes 6 months for a mango to be ripened naturally. Less fibrous, it is commonly used to make pickles. Most profuse of all known mangoes in Kerala.The tree has a balanced canopy and good architecture. Fewer diseases are affected.
- Green mangoes are more sour but mangoes are more delicious and tasty.
- A mango weighs from 1kg. turn into mangoes 6 months after flowering.
- Blooming begins in the month of November.
- Devoloped by Mr Kurian Gerorge Kosseril It is a medium sized tree with a very sweet fruit up to 2kg of average weight.
BENEFITS OF MANGO
• May help prevent diabetes
• Improve Hair and Skin Health
• Gives Skin a Healthy Glow
• Improves Your Immune System
• Helps With Digestion
• Keeps Your Eyesight Sharp
• May Help Reduce Cancer Risk
• May Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
• May Help Treat Diabetes
• May Treat Anemia
• May Aid Weight Loss
• May Promote Liver Health