Indian lychee, also known as Litchi chinensis or simply lychee, is a fruit tree native to Southeast Asia. Lychee fruit is usually eaten fresh and its pulp is aromatic and musky in flavor. When dried, the same pulp tastes acidic and very sweet. The fruits are oval to round, strawberry red in colour, and about 25 mm in diameter.
- Indian lychee is a small, round fruit that is roughly the size of a golf ball.
- It has a rough, bumpy, reddish-pink skin that is easy to peel, revealing a translucent white flesh inside.
- Indian lychee has a sweet, floral flavor with hints of tartness. The flavor is often compared to that of grapes or strawberries.
- Indian lychee is a seasonal fruit that is typically available in the summer months, from May to July. It is commonly found in tropical regions, but can also be found in specialty stores in some parts of the world.
- Fights liver cancer
- Rich in vitamin C
- Reduce abdominal fat
- Reduce inflammation
- Good source of antioxidants
- Lychees have high vitamin E content