Imam Pasand, is a premium mango variety grown mainly in the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is also known as Himayat, and is considered one of the most expensive and sought-after mango varieties in India. The names suggest regal origins and it is said to have been the fruit of choice for India’s royalty. It is a large, not too attractive looking mango, mottled green that lightens to blotched yellow green as it ripens.
It is prized by connoisseurs for its unique taste and it has been considered as the King of Mangoes. Many mangoes are initially sweet, but are undone by aftertastes which can be harsh, rank, chalky or chemical unlike Alphonso, with their aroma and incredibly rich smoothness of its aftertaste.
- The Imam Pasand’s aftertaste is quite different, with hints of coconut and lime.
- The fruit are large, Each mango could grow up to 800 gm in weight.
- Imam Pasand mango saplings takes around 3 to 4 years to grow and blossom to produce the fruits.
- Himayat Mango has excellent sweet aroma, sweet in taste and abundant juicy.
- As the mango matures, it develops a white spot all over it.
BENEFITS OF MANGO
• May help prevent diabetes
• Improve Hair and Skin Health
• Gives Skin a Healthy Glow
• Improves Your Immune System
• Helps With Digestion
• Keeps Your Eyesight Sharp
• May Help Reduce Cancer Risk
• May Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
• May Help Treat Diabetes
• May Treat Anemia
• May Aid Weight Loss
• May Promote Liver Health