Egg fruit, agriculturally categorized as Pouteria campechiana, is tropical to subtropical, uncommon fruit built on an enduring tree. The tree belongs to the family of Sapotaceae. Eggfruit, orange-yellow bright fruit. It is mostly recommended because of its smooth and definite surface. The name is obtained from the likeness in texture to the hard-boiled egg yolk.
Canistel fruits are another name for egg fruits and are closely related to a popular fruit, Sapodilla or sapota, a tropical fruit. Moreover, egg fruits are also designated as yellow sapote or various names in different world regions. Egg fruits are a magnificent originator of beta-carotene that is a tint found mostly inside the flesh.
- Egg fruit is a small to medium-sized fruit that has a yellow-orange or yellow-brown skin.
- The flesh is yellow-orange in color and has a smooth, creamy texture.
- Egg fruit has a sweet flavor with hints of pumpkin, sweet potato, and apricot. The flavor is often compared to that of a sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Promotes digestive health.
- Supports immune system.
- Protection against vision loss.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Lowers risk of chronic diseases.
- May help with weight loss.