Chakkara Mango, also known as Jaggery Mango or Sweet Mango, is a popular variety of mango found in the southern parts of India, particularly in Kerala. This mango is known for its unique taste, which is a combination of sweetness and sourness. The flesh of the Chakkara Mango is firm and fiberless, making it a preferred choice for making pickles and chutneys.
The name “Chakkara” in Malayalam language means “jaggery,” which refers to the sweet taste of the mango. This variety of mango is usually available during the summer season in India, which is the peak mango season.
- Chakkara Mangoes are medium-sized mangoes, generally weighing around 250-300 grams.
- The mangoes are oblong or oval in shape, with a distinct beak-like tip.
- The skin of the Chakkara Mango is typically green, with a slight blush of red or yellow. As the mango ripens, the skin turns golden-yellow.
- Chakkara Mangoes have a unique taste that is a combination of sweetness and sourness. The flesh of the mango is firm and fiberless, with a sweet aroma.
BENEFITS OF MANGO
• May help prevent diabetes
• Improve Hair and Skin Health
• Gives Skin a Healthy Glow
• Improves Your Immune System
• Helps With Digestion
• Keeps Your Eyesight Sharp
• May Help Reduce Cancer Risk
• May Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
• May Help Treat Diabetes
• May Treat Anemia
• May Aid Weight Loss
• May Promote Liver Health
There are no reviews yet.